11 Feb The new-look Women in Contracting (WiC)
You may have noticed a few changes around here! At Master Electricians Australia (MEA), we’ve been working hard to offer you an improved Women in Contracting program, that will not only help you connect with women in the industry, but will also improve your business and personal skills and your general wellbeing.
Our new WiC Formula informs everything we will be doing with Women in Contracting, in that it:
- Acknowledges the variety of roles undertaken by women in the contracting environment
- Respects the time pressures faced by women in attending events
- Nurtures a professional bond amongst the cohort
- Enhances their professional skills and networks
- Encourages women to actively pursue development opportunities
- Provides contemporary, relevant information
- Includes business, social and personal facets at each touch point
- Recognises the contribution of outstanding women in contracting.
Through our events, dedicated WiC communications, awards and more, MEA is transforming the way we engage this group of powerful decision makers. We are in fact seeking to “create the conversation” with you, our dedicated followers and event attendees. From now on, you can expect to see the following sections at each event: personal development and wellness, business critical skill development, and soft skill development.
This means that each event will be structured and substantial, and give you some tangible lessons that you can take away with you to improve on yourself and your business. Our event speakers will focus on lessons they’ve learnt through their time in the industry, and ways to avoid making mistakes through sharing stories and case studies.
Where possible, events will be filmed and streamed, or loaded here for delayed viewing, to assist those who are unable to attend. You’ll still be part of the WiC community and able to engaged with likeminded individuals who all seek the same goal – a level playing field for women in a male dominated industry.
So please, join us as we #createtheconversation. Get involved in WiC today.